This policy covers how the Organic Wine Company (OWC) treats personal information that OWC collects and receives, including information related to your past use of OWC products and services, your use of www.theorganicwinecompany.com and/or any OWC web sites. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- OWC services and products are developed for the use of, and distributed to, third party clients. OWC encourages its clients to adopt privacy policies similar to its own. OWC sells its services and products only to reputable and ethical clients. OWC cannot be held responsible if a client chooses unethical or immoral use of the information that the OWC products gather.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that OWC does not own or control, or to people that OWC does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- When you register for a OWC event, we ask that you provide basic contact information such as your name, address, and email address. In addition, other questions specifically for an event might be asked and recorded so as to better equip the event hosts for customizing their event. This information is provided to the specific sponsor for the event you registered for. On the OWC website, viewers are only asked to provide the above information in the event they wish to view an archived webinar. This information is provided to the specific sponsor for the archived event you view.
- OWC may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- OWC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address and the page you request.
- OWC uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. Additionally, as stated above, When you register for a OWC event, your contact information is provided to the specific sponsor for the event.
Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us via OWC.
- We may contract with third party marketing companies to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect non-personal information about your visits to our website, and your interaction with our products and services. They may also use non-personal information about your visits to this and other websites to target advertisements for goods and services. These targeted advertisements may appear on other websites that you visit. The anonymous information is collected through the use of technology such as Cookies and Web Beacons, which are industry standard. No Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) is collected in this process.
- Computer configuration: We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including your IP address, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, and connection speed.
- Email delivery and open rates: To help us make our emails more useful and interesting, and to ensure that we are delivering the services you have ordered, we often receive a confirmation when you receive and/or open email from OWC.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to our account information and treat it in accordance with this policy.
- Customer and order data from our partners: If you registered directly with a business partner for which we provide fulfillment or other services, your account information and order information is passed to us.
- Updated delivery and address information: We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
- Demographic and purchase information: We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your PII and non-personal information, including your name, address, email address and any transactions you conduct on our website or offline with us with a third party advertising partner and its service providers in order to deliver tailored advertising to you that match your interests when you visit our website as well as other websites. Our advertising partner will make the data that we provide anonymous so that no one else will receive your PII.
Email Communications to our Users
OWC sends email communications solely in connection with our providing OWC services to clients. The following outlines the types of email OWC sends to our users, and the choices you have about which messages to receive:
- Messages required to service event registrations: OWC will send you email notifying you of your event details. We may also send you communications related to your upcoming event, for example reminding you of the details, or when those details change.
- Marketing messages about OWC: We may send you marketing messages related to our services you receive, for example, encouraging you to register for more Webinars or extend your Web event presence.
OWC uses industry-standard protocols to safeguard confidentiality of information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that a Web site can store on your computer's hard drive. When you visit www.theorganicwinecompany.com, create a user account, or otherwise interact with a OWC event online, we may set cookies on your personal computer. OWC's website does not require you to enable cookies in order to browse its site.
Confidentiality and Security
- Internally, we limit access to your personal information to OWC associates who will use the data to troubleshoot, support your use of the service, improve the service.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
'No Spyware' Policy
Www.theorganicwinecompany.com does not contain Spyware. Spyware is software that is installed deceptively to gather information about you without your knowledge. This can include centrally recording your personal internet usage, monitoring your keyboard strokes or capturing personal information. If you think that you downloaded and/or installed spyware, we suggest reporting it on the alt.privacy.spyware newsgroup. Available on Google Groups.
You may opt-out of the use of your information for tailored advertising purposes. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partner by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here. If you delete your Cookies, use a different browser, or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
To opt out of all OWC email and phone communications, please contact us directly.
OWC may update this policy by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please let us know via the email form on our contact page.